The Department of Automobile Engineering was established in the year 2014 with the aim of producing globally competent and graduates will be capable of building their own careers of knowledge to solve automobile problems based on interdisciplinary approach and a strong sense of responsibility to serve their profession and society ethically. It offers a 4 year Under Graduate Programme (B.E) with the intake of 60.
Our graduates will pursue advanced studies, research and industrial product development in the field of Automobile Engineering by developing partnerships with industrial and research agencies thereby serving the needs of the industry, government, society and scientific community.
Highly qualified and experienced faculty with specialization in AutoCAD, Thermal and I C Engines, Fluid Mechanics, Aerodynamics, Chassis structure Design, Vehicle design data characteristics, Automotive engine and chassis component design, vehicle maintenance, vehicle dynamics, Hybrid with electric vehicle are available.
It has established the association namely Automobile Future Creative Association (AFCA) for conducting student innovation programs to bring out their technical skills and Society development activities. The students are motivated to participate in the inter college events and Conferences to present their academic performance.
Laboratory Facilities available are:
- Automotive Components Laboratory
- Automotive Electrical and Electronics Laboratory
- Automotive Fuels and Lubricants Laboratory
- Two and Three Wheelers Laboratory
- Engine Performance and Emission Testing Laboratory
- Vehicle Maintenance Laboratory
Major Equipments are:-
- Light duty (Jeep) and heavy duty chassis frame
- Auto electrical wiring system and Electronics system for 4 – wheeler
- Petrol and Diesel fuel systems – MPFI Kit, Inline Kit
- Clutch, Gear box, Differential, front and rear axle (light duty, heavy duty)
- Bomb and Gas Calorimeters
- Copper Strip Corrosion Test Apparatu
- Coil spring test rig, Chain tension test rig, Shock absorber test rig
- 3 – Wheeler chassis frame
- Bosch Engine Analyzer
- Valve grinding & lapping machine
- Fuel injection calibration test bench with nozzle tester