The Women Development Cell (WDC) in our college is established to empower girl students and staffs and to enhance their understanding of issues related to women in the society and to face the challenges with great courage. The goal of the cell is to make the college campus a safe place for women students and faculty members. . This cell creates a feel in them that our college campus is a haven and second home to them. The cell functions arduously to enhance their status and thereby empower them through Guest Lectures, Seminars, Workshops, various awareness programs and other welfare activities.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To develop the self confidence of Women.
- To assert the importance of spiritual, economic, social, racial and gender equality.
- To highlight the importance of health and hygiene.
- To organize seminars, workshops relating to women development.
- To prevent sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non teaching women staff of the College.
- To involve NSS students of Arasu Engineering College to interact with rural and urban women who lack formal education and identify projects suitable for upgradation using technology.
- To provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women employees and students, where they can work, study and explore their potential to the fullest.
|Joint Managing Trustee
||Mrs. Swarnalatha Senthil Kumar
||Dr.Kalaimani Shanmugham, HOD/CSE